Information About Veterinary Referrals in Ormond Beach, FL
To Our Partner Veterinarians:
We are here to serve the pets, pet families, and veterinarians of Volusia and Flagler Counties and will always be open and ready to handle emergencies 24 hours a day. With a spacious, well-equipped, conveniently located hospital, we can provide your referred patients with comprehensive emergency services including:
- Emergency surgery
- Advanced diagnostic testing (ultrasound, endoscopy)
- Digital radiography (x-rays)
- Onsite STAT laboratory
- Overnight monitoring
- Hospitalization in our intensive care unit
- Radiographic interpretation
We welcome veterinary referrals in Ormond Beach because our dedicated team of emergency personnel is focused on working with you and your clients for the benefit of their pets and to ensure a smooth transition for optimal continuity of care.
We’re Available When:
- A client has an emergency with their pet outside of your regular office hours
- You feel a patient requires intensive care or monitoring, including overnight and/or weekend case supervision
- A patient requires or may require administration of blood products or constant rate infusion drug therapy
- A client prefers that his or her pet receive overnight post-surgical or post-anesthesia monitoring and supervision and/or pain management
- A patient is recovering from surgery or anesthesia and you recommend overnight monitoring for patient safety
Making a Patient Referral in Ormond Beach, FL
Your clients may be referred to AEHV in several ways:
Answering Machine/Call Forwarding:
Voicemail or an answering service may provide your clients with our telephone number for after-hours care. You may also set your phones on call forward to automatically transfer after-hours calls to our telephone number.
Your hospital may wish to display a small sign, which we provide at no cost, on your front door advising clients arriving after hours of the location and telephone number of our hospital. Not only do clients appreciate this, the Veterinary Medical Board requires providing such notice.
Emergency Service Materials:
Magnets and small brochures on our ER services are available to you in bulk to distribute to your clients as needed. If you need additional supplies, please contact our team member, Joshua Van Nieuwal who will promptly replenish your supply.
Communication and Collaboration
Detailed medical records are kept for every patient seen at our hospital. Clients are encouraged to follow up with their primary care veterinarian after their visit. If they do not have a primary care veterinarian, we recommend they select one from the list of our veterinary partners. Clients are also informed that we do not provide vaccinations or perform routine health procedures at our facility. Our practice is designed to support you as the primary care veterinarian, with whom they should have an ongoing relationship. We ask all clients to list their family veterinarian on their pet’s intake form, allowing us to fax or email our medical record. We believe that by working closely with primary care veterinarians we are able to improve outcomes through a coordinated team effort of medical professionals.