Photo courtesy of Pilots N Paws
Helping and healing pets is the mantra of Animal Emergency Hospital Volusia (AEHV). We are here 24/7/365, even in trying times, to treat all pets in need.
But, AEHV offers much more than emergency veterinary services. We also partner with animal rescue groups and shelters to rescue vulnerable animals from life-threatening situations, render veterinary care and set them on the path to finding loving, forever homes.
When pet parents, nonprofits, and animal shelters in the Volusia County area need us, they can rest assured that we are here to help. Our veterinarians have a combined 40 years of experience and knowledge to treat critically ill or injured animals by using the latest diagnostic and life-saving technology and equipment to give pets the best chance of pulling through.
How AEHV helps animals in need:
- Sponsors Pilots N Paws rescue missions
- Offers discounted veterinary care to select registered rescue organizations and shelters to help animals become adopted and beloved members of a family
- Keeps our K-9 officers healthy so they can provide us with safety and do their jobs effectively
- Provides care and support to pets who serve our veterans and others who receive the assistance of an animal in their daily life
During this month of giving thanks, AEHV would like to recognize and thank the wonderful groups that we are connected with to give animals a second chance:
PilotsNPaws is a nonprofit that consists of plane owners and pilots who conduct animal transport and rescue missions. These volunteers have successfully rescued animals from dangerous situations such as hurricanes and delivered animals to their new loving homes.
Some of Pilots N Paws rescues sponsored by AEHV include:
– Rescuing thirteen puppies from a high-kill shelter in Alabama and delivering them to safety in Pompano Beach, Florida. We are beyond thrilled that all of these sweet and adorable pups have found their ‘furever’ homes.
– Transporting three kittens from a high-kill shelter in South Florida to Jacksonville, where all three found homes.
– Rescuing nine puppies from a high-kill shelter in Alabama and delivering them to safety in Florida. We are happy to announce that all nine puppies are healthy and happy in their permanent Florida homes.
Little Rascals Dog Rescue has a simple goal: to be a voice for the neglected, abused, and abandoned dogs in every city, town, community, and country. Volunteers rescue and rehabilitate these dogs and connect them with happy, loving new homes.
The Halifax Humane Society serves the needs of Volusia County. It’s mission is to provide education about animal care, including spaying and neutering and behavioral issues. The society helps more than 30,000 animals each year, including finding them forever homes in our local area.
As the saying goes, “It takes a village … ,” and we couldn’t do it without our partners to help give defenseless animals a new lease on life.
We send our heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you — volunteers, clients, and community — who have helped make a difference in an animal’s life. May your Thanksgiving holiday be filled with joy and gratitude in knowing that you have made a difference in helping an innocent animal live a better life.